Subsidence Damage Insurance Claims
As our summers get drier and winters wetter, subsidence damage insurance claims are becoming far more frequent. If your home has been affected by subsidence, you will be rightly concerned about the affect on its value and the inevitable disruption you face
It’s an unfortunate fact that subsidence damage insurance claims can take months or possibly years to be resolved. As well as investigations to determine the full extent of the problem, there will also need to be remedial works such as underpinning and potentially internal repairs. As a consequence, you may even need to move out of your home.
Unfortunately, we frequently find that insurers will try to ‘paper over the cracks’, rather than addressing the real underlying problems causing subsidence.
That’s why it’s vital to get a Loss Assessor involved in your claim as soon as possible. After all, with a standard policy excess being £1000 it’s vital to get subsidence damage insurance claims right first time.
We can help make the whole process easier by managing your claim from start to finish, while offering help and advice based on dealing with many subsidence damage insurance claims in the past.
Our aim is to ensure that you receive the best possible settlement and your home is completely restored to its former condition and value. To achieve this, we will:
- Arrange appropriate alternative accommodation for you and your family if necessary.
- Meet with your insurance company’s Loss Adjustor at your home to agree their liability in principle.
- Where appropriate, instruct a geotechnical survey.
- Obtain a CCTV survey from one of our approved specialist drainage contractors.
- Instruct an experienced structural engineer to prepare an independent assessment of the problem and a detailed schedule of repairs, rather than using your insurers suggested contractor.
- Complete all of the documentation around your subsidence damage insurance claim, including your insurer’s forms.
- Obtain competitive estimates from our panel of insurance approved contractors.
- Handle all further communication and negotiations with your insurance company, including answering any emails, letters or calls.
- Oversee all repairs and restoration works to ensure they are carried out correctly and to your complete satisfaction.
What if my subsidence damage insurance claim is already underway?
Even if your claim has already started, it's not too late to call AKA Claims and get a Loss Assessor on your side.
For example, it might be a few weeks or even months since your claim started and you may be having problems with your insurer, or you might be unhappy with their proposed remedial works. If this is the case, we can still step in and take over the negotiations.
Take action now
If you would like help with a subsidence damage insurance claim, call us now on 01273 670 006 to arrange a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Loss Assessors. Alternatively, just complete our website Contact form.