Landlords' and Lettings Insurance Claims
If you’ve ever had to deal with an insurance claim on one of your properties then you’ll appreciate the extra work and costs involved. An incident like a fire or flood can take months to resolve, with you loosing rent all the time.
In particular, you may have had difficulties negotiating with your insurers and their representatives, such as the Loss Adjuster appointed to assess your claim.
One solution to this problem is to instruct AKA Claims to act on your behalf. As professional Loss Assessors, we have extensive experience of handling Landlords' & Lettings Insurance Claims
We’ll handle your insurance claim from start to finish, taking the burden away from you so you can concentrate on running your business.
We will ensure that you receive the best possible settlement from your insurance company and as quickly as possible. To achieve this we will:
- Instigate emergency cleaning and professional drying services.
- Appoint the required consultants and surveyors to prepare a detailed schedule of repairs.
- We liaise directly with your insurers, undertaking all written correspondence and attending all meetings.
- Liaise with your tenants and agree loss of rent or rehousing costs with your insurers.
- Obtain competitive estimates from our panel of insurance company approved contractors.
- Project manage all repairs and restoration works to your property.
- If your property is in a block of flats, we’ll liaise with all affected tenants and leaseholders to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
We operate on a ‘no win-no fee’ and all of our fees will form part of the final settlement you’ll receive from your insurance company. In the majority of cases these are more than covered by the higher payouts we secure.
What if my lettings insurance claim is already underway?
The first few days of any lettings insurance claimare critical. However, even if your claim has already started, it’s not too late to call AKA Claims and get a Loss Assessor on your side.
For example, it might be a few weeks or even months since you started your claim and you may be having problems with your insurer, or you might be unhappy with their proposed settlement. If this is the case, we can still step in and take over the negotiations.
Take action now
If you would like help with a landlords' or lettings insurance claim, please just call us now on 01273 670 006 to arrange a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Loss Assessors. Alternatively, just complete our website Contact Us form.