Flood Damage and Flood Insurance Claims
Extensive water damage to your home caused by a serious leak or flood can feel like a real disaster. It’s hard to know where to start when it comes to cleaning up and starting repairs.
The real problem faced by many homeowners is that the full affects of a flood or water damage can be difficult to see. What initially seems like a small amount of damage can conceal much more serious problems, which could easily reappear in the future.
We can help make the whole process easier by managing your claim from start to finish, while offering help and advice based on dealing with countless flood and water damage insurance claims in the past.
Our first priority will be to ensure that you and your family are safe and comfortable. If necessary, we will arrange alternative accommodation until you can return to your home. We can also instruct emergency repairs and professional drying services through our specialist contractors, who are on call 24 hours a day.
Our aim is then to ensure that you receive the best possible settlement and your home is completely restored to its former condition. To achieve this, we will:
- Instruct surveyors and other professionals to investigate the amount of flood or water damage to your property and prepare a detailed schedule of repairs. This ensures that all the necessary works are identified and nothing is missed.
- Appoint insurance company approved contractors to provide tenders for all the repairs to your property.
- Prepare a detailed inventory and valuation of damaged possessions for presentation to your insurers.
- Complete all of the documentation around your flood and water damage insurance claim, including your insurer’s forms.
- Meet with your insurance company’s appointed Loss Adjustor and handle all questions and negotiations, including answering any emails, letters or calls.
- Manage the restoration of your property, so that it’s returned to a high standard and your complete satisfaction.
What if my water damage insurance claim is already underway?
The first few days of any flood or water damage insurance claim are critical. However, even if your claim has already started, it’s not too late to call AKA Claims and get a Loss Assessor on your side.
For example, it might be a few weeks or even months since your leak or flood and you may be having problems with your insurer, or you might be unhappy with their proposed settlement. If this is the case, we can we can still step in and take over the negotiations.
Take action now
If you would like help with a flood or water damage insurance claim, just call us on 01273 670 006 to arrange a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Loss Assessors. Alternatively, just complete our website Contact form.