Fire & Smoke Damage Insurance Claims
We understand that a fire in your home is a very serious matter. The loss of personal possessions and damage to your property can be extremely distressing.
You’ll want to deal with the fire’s aftermath and get your life back to normal as quickly as possible. We can help by managing your claim from start to finish, while offering help and advice based on dealing with countless fire and smoke damage insurance claims in the past.
Our first priority will be to ensure that you and your family are safe and comfortable. If necessary, we can arrange alternative appropriate accommodation until you can return to your home. We can also coordinate emergency repairs to secure and protect your property while your fire insurance claim is underway.
Our aim is then simple, to ensure that you receive the best possible settlement and your home is completely restored to its former condition. To achieve this, we will:
- Instruct chartered surveyors to prepare a detailed survey, covering the full extent of the fire and smoke damage to your property. This ensures that the all the necessary work is identified and nothing is missed.
- Appoint insurance company approved contractors to provide tenders for all the necessary repairs to your property.
- Prepare a detailed inventory of your home’s contents for presentation to your insurers. As well as listing everything affected by the fire, we will also assess the rest of your possessions to see if they’ve suffered smoke damage.
- Complete all of the documentation around your fire insurance claim, including your insurer’s forms.
- Meet with your insurance company’s appointed Loss Adjustor and handle all questions and negotiations, including answering any emails, letters or calls.
- Manage the restoration of your property, so that it’s returned to a high standard and your complete satisfaction.
What if my fire insurance claim is already underway?
The first few days of any smoke damage or fire insurance claim are critical. However, even if your claim has already started, it’s not too late to call AKA Claims and get a Loss Assessor on your side.
For example, it might be a few weeks or even months since your fire and you may be having problems with your insurer, or you might be unhappy with their proposed settlement. If this is the case, we can we can still step in and take over the negotiations.
Take action now
If you would like help with a smoke damage or fire insurance claim, call us now on 01273 670 006 to arrange a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Loss Assessors. Alternatively, just complete our website Contact form.