Burglary & Theft Insurance Claims
Anyone who has been the victim of a burglary or theft will know that it can leave you feeling extremely vulnerable. As well as the cost and loss of personal possessions, there’s the shock of having your home broken into.
The first few hours of any burglary and theft insurance claim are critical. In an ideal world, you shouldn’t move anything until the Police have had visited your home and concluded their inquiries. After that, it’s a good idea to involve a Loss Assessor before you doing anything else.
At AKA Claims we can help make the whole process easier by managing your claim from start to finish, while offering help and advice based on dealing with countless burglary and theft insurance claims in the past.
We will take photographs and make a detailed inventory of any damage to your home and possessions that have been stolen. You can then start the process of cleaning up and making repairs, without worrying that you might be prejudicing your claim.
Our goal is then simple, to ensure that you receive the best possible settlement. To achieve this we will:
- Assist with emergency repairs, such as boarding up and replacing of locks to ensure that your home is secure.
- Check your policy details and confirm your level of cover with your insurers.
- Complete all of the documentation around your burglary and theft insurance claim, including your insurer’s forms.
- Meet with your insurance company’s appointed Loss Adjustor and handle all questions and negotiations, including answering any emails, letters or calls.
- Advise you on the most appropriate type of settlement.
Negotiate with insurance company approved suppliers on your behalf.
What if my burglary insurance claim is already underway?
Even if your claim has already started, it’s not too late to call AKA Claims and get a Loss Assessor on your side.
For example, it might be a few weeks or even months since you were burgled and you may be having problems with your insurer, or you might be unhappy with their proposed settlement. If this is the case, we can we can still step in and take over the negotiations.
Take action now
If you would like help with a burglary or theft insurance claim, just call us now on 01273 670 006 to arrange a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Loss Assessors. Alternatively, just complete our website Contact form.